Sunday, April 29, 2007

"I don't understand... You must have the Devil inside you. You're just not human!"

Marty has been acting more or less depressed this weekend. I believe it started when she was referred to as racist when we were out Friday night. We were sitting by the Seine (here) enjoying some bubbly wine, strawberries and cigars, when Marty asks a sane-looking man to move after he's taken our friend's seat on the riverbank. This man explains to her that "that's not how it works in Paris", swiftly labels her Racist and refuses to give up the seat, as well as the disputing thereover. Before we leave, her title is upgraded to devil, but still feels slightly unreasonable. Perhaps even subjective.

No matter, this whole incident struck Marty very hard, seeing as she wants to regard herself as a fairly open-minded and tolerant person.

Me, I didn't care much. I mean, the girl had it coming (tolerant, my ass!). But when she still hadn't gotten over it (or anything else) the following night, spreading depression in every direction, I decided to take refuge in a Finnish dancer party nearby. They were much lighthearted and they gave me food.

Anywho... When I got home from work today, Marty was wearing her brand new white dress and had been doing some laundering and tidying up in our, lately quite messy, apartment. She also mentioned God.

She is going to be all right.


Now singing: The KKK took my baby away - The Ramones

2 comments:

Ape said...

I think I would be rather scared. You sure she'll be alright?

God and White dresses, next thing she's be talking about milking rattlesnakes and then the bottom has been reached.

Mousse said...

I'm not sure about anything.

And I'm not sure whether there exists a bottom Marty hasn't already reached.

I'm just saying... Some people have an income. Some don't.


So anyway, I got my pay check today.