Friday, April 13, 2007

Better get better soon.

The other day, the towel rack fell down and hurt my foot. When I finished laughing and whining about my injury I set about looking for the screw. There was none. The towel rack was glued and taped to the wall. I sighed and told Mousse.

Mousse: "This apartment is like a doll house. And it's falling apart."

I agreed. I now have to go out and find super-glue and super-adhesive tape. Sounds expensive.

Last week, I had somewhat of an unpleasant experience as well...

It started with a limping elderly neighbor asking me to help her go to the store. I did. It became fairly obvious fairly quickly that she was a bit crazy. She screamed at everybody in the store "IS THIS THE CHEAPEST PRICE?" but wouldn't listen to me trying to tell her that it was.

Anywho, I got her and her groceries back to the apartment and said I had to leave. She wanted to show me her stuffed animals. I told her they were cute. She brought out a white cat and asked if I liked it. I smiled a little. Then she turned it on. Green glowing eyes and strange sounds. I froze. She put the cat away and pulled me close. She tried to kiss me on the lips. I barely managed to turn my head away. That old woman was strong! Too strong. She wouldn't let go, she kissed me on the cheek, but really just pressed her cheekbone into mine. It hurt. It actually hurt. I finally managed to pry her hands away and left hastily, rubbing my sore cheek.

Why do things like that keep happening to me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's your destiny!

Anonymous said...

There's always one.

Doesn't matter how chic or charming the neighborhood, there's always one literally lurking in the shadows...

But yours, by far, takes the creepy crown...

tiny said...

bad luck, or good?

it's paris.

and who wrote it's my destiny? i should keep up better with this blog...