Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"But I have nothing to post! Unless someone wants to read about all my dark thoughts..."

A week has passed, summer heat is upon us, and we have had my mother staying with us for the weekend. Together, we bought twelve pair of shoes, ten bottles of wine and spent a day at Disneyland. And we made Marty tag along through it all. She's patient.

Lately, it seems my boss has taken a liking in me. And this is not because I look mildly retarded or because my French is charmingly crude but simply because I'm tall and Swedish. Just like his wife, I might add. Anyway, this gave me an excellent real-life opportunity to teach my mother how to say thank you in French after my boss had decided to let me offer her a free ice cream.

Mousse: There he is. Do it, mom! Do it now!
Mother: MERCI! *laughing nervously*

What more...

We have decided to go home. Mostly because the state of this blog is deteriorating as you read, but also because I have things to do in Sweden. Graduations to crash, weddings to plan. Marty, on the other hand, lacks money due to joblessness and is therefore also forced to leave the country. Marty may score the more precious bohemian points, but mark well how much more of a general success I am.

That is all from me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun as long as it lasted.

Ape

Anonymous said...

Shane--come back, Shane!

Mousse said...

It's been fun. But mark well, the fun is not yet over. Not quite. We're not leaving until June.

And henchie, darling, I've never heard that quote. But I appreciate it, nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Yes, who's this Shane and why should s/he come back?


Ape

Mousse said...

La Henchie seldom says anything fathomable. But, just like Putin, she is kinda cute.

However, I looked it up, and apparently it's some kind of obscure quote from an old film called Shane.

Why Shane should come back, I don't know. Does Henchie know?

Ape said...

Perhaps he left something behind!?