Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Better be the highlight of the night

Nouvelle Vague was at Grand Rex tonight and so were we. It was positively awesome.

Much less awesome is that, apparently, Marty and I come off as Russians.

The first time it comes to our attention, we're walking down a street after the concert. We're looking for qualitative fast food when a guy on a moped tries to contact us with the help of some hastily composed Russian pick up lines. I am shocked and appalled, and can but ignore.

Ten minutes later, I've found the ultimate chicken with mayo/ketchup/mustard and french fries-sandwich place and we're waiting for my food to get ready...

Food guy (after having tried some unintelligible phrases): Are you not Russians?

And there endeth the conversation.

Nothing wrong with being Russian. Nothing wrong with pooping on the street.

Just not cool.


Note to self: Be less Russian tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know....Putin's kinda cute.


Ape

Mousse said...

True.

Question is, is he cool cat cute or just pussycat cute?

Lolita said...

jag gillade Jeltsin mer...

Ape said...

My personal favourite have to be Gorbatjov. Always had a thing for him growing up, I was convinced God looked like him (yes I had a twisted childhood, but at least I didn't think Carl Bildt was the face of god like my sister did).

Mousse said...

Ape, that is hilarious.