Friday, March 30, 2007

Snapshot no. 845 (whoever invented hygiene?)

It was my day off, so we took the opportunity to pay the rent.

In the post office, standing in line (always makes me nervous)...

Mousse: Damn, I forgot to look up what "deposit money" is in French. It's been a whole month since I last used that phrase!
Marty: Maybe you can use "deposition"?
Mousse: What does that even mean? No, Marty, this won't work! And I haven't even brushed my teeth today!
Marty (guiltily): Neither have I.
Mousse (desperately): Fuck!

It did work. And although the lady at the desk handed us suckable candies while looking at us meaningfully, she was really nice. She was even kind enough to advice us to move, after having asked where we live and how big our apartment is. Apparently, our beloved street is "sale" and our rent excessive. We thanked her and wished her a nice weekend.

La Poste has yet to let me down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

La Poste has yet to let me down

What in hell have you been smoking?

Whatever it is, gimme!

Unless it's sale...

Mousse said...

No smoke!

I. Love. La Poste.

See, all that hatred they've been pouring over you has resulted in a qualitative stash of pure love. And who is better to waste it on than me! Me!

I get all the love!

Lolita said...

I L-O-V-E countries with a descent Post Office! Serously, I was in LOVE with the Post Office when I was younger. Now, the pathtic shatter of the joke they call "Posten" makes me... sick!

Denmark - Terrific Post Office! I was so excited, Joha had to work hard to keep me calm.

Irland - Weird, kinda like Sweden, but in a Book Store instead of a Grocery store. Confusing.

I guess I'll write a treatise any day now...