Sunday, March 25, 2007

Better be someone else's words.

I've put together a little compilation of quotes frequently heard in our home. Take a guess and name which film (or, in one case, sitcom) the words come from.

You can win. Our very desirable respect.

  1. WE WERE ALWAYS GOOD FRIENDS! *sob* Anytime when we're feeling emotional.
    .
  2. Who are "they"? When we're feeling like our own pretentiousness is more smothering than a plastic bag from Monoprix pulled tight over our heads.
    .
  3. Awesome! Oh wow! Like, totally freak me out! When the pretentiousness no longer bothers.
    .
  4. I feel so optimistic. This quote was frequently used in the beginning of our Paris stay. (That is, before we experienced Anguish.)
    .
  5. Wake up, you fucking dyke! Marty, when she thinks I've slept for too long.
    .
  6. Renoir! Me, when I think Marty's being generally irrelevant.
    .
  7. Todd! Followed by exchange of suggestive looks. - Anytime when we're feeling... suggestive.
    .
  8. Honey, that ain't gonna break my bank! Marty, when faced with what may seem like difficulties. Or when cooking.
    .
  9. C'est le destin de Lisa, le destin de Lisa qu'il tient entre ses doigts... Anytime when we feel like singing.
    .
  10. If only we were among friends... Or sane persons! Me, when Marty's being painfully nonrational.
    .
  11. Do me now. Mouth. Anytime when we're feeling needy.

7 comments:

Ape said...

Do I get little respect if I know 7/11?

Lolita said...

Ladies!

I found the Dirndl!

But I guess I don't deserve your respect, since I don't know as many quotes as the Ape...

Mousse said...

Ape, you will always enjoy a little less respect than the rest of the world's population, but yeah, you totally rock!

And Lolly: golden star to you. And your cleavage. It's a truly happy day.

I'll post the correct films later. Like, Thursday.

Ape said...

Oh the Dirndl! Now I get it. Good, it's too precious to be lost.

Mousse said...

1. Anchorman
2. Elizabethtown
3. Bring it on!
4. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
5. Bound
6. Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain
7. Zoolander
8. House of 1000 Corpses
9. Le Destin de Lisa (The German Ugly Betty dubbed into French. Two episodes a day...)
10. The Rocky Horor Picture Show
11. The Libertine

Ape said...

How could I not know Bound, that's horribly bad of me.

Mousse said...

Not horribly bad.

Just ghey.