Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Better be scorned upon by corpses...

We have now had two wonderful weekends with visits. We have been spoiled rotten with foods containing protein (I'm talking real chicken here), chocolate, cookies, clothes, spam, dvds, leek, a flower, love, love and chocolate again.

"I wonder if the pigeons have learnt French." My father, walking down the street, frustrated about not knowing any French.


Snapshot no. 20 (the salesman)

"Now listen, Karen, two will do! Two! Will do!" My brother, in the kitchen, intensely wiping the table while explaining to an impressed Marty exactly how efficient our cheapo kitchen paper really is.


Snapshot no. 3741 (making an effort)

Last Thursday night, at our métrostation, we welcomed Ape and Lolita with special outfits (That is, me with my face painted white and Marty in a black/purple wig):

"Can't you see who we are?"
"No...?"
"It's obvious! I'm Liza Minnelli and this here is Kate frickin' Hudson!"


Snapshot no. 449 (Oscar Wilde probably wouldn't mind)

The Oddballs, last Friday, at Père Lachaise, picknicking... Inappropriate?

Mousse: It said on the sign that we should pay respect to the dead.
Ape: Hm.
Lolita: We're just eating, it's not a sin.
Ape (knowingly, stressing the last words): It's not a sin as such. It's just that it's the ultimate sign of being alive.


Snapshot no. 62 (we ARE deep)

Last sunday, on our way out from Musée D'Orsay...

Ape (smugly): Lolita and I have agreed that we appreciate wings and boobs the most. How about you guys?
Mousse: I like cherubs.
Ape: Right... And Marty?
Marty: Can I choose boobs as well? No...? *hesitantly looking around* Well, then I prefer... portraits.


Snapshot no. 107 (ultimate Paris experience)

Sunday night, pre-partying, before visiting Musée de L'Erotisme...

Lolita (by the computer): What do you want to listen to?
Mousse: Eurodisco!
Ape: Power ballads!
Mousse: Eurodisco!
Ape: Power ballads!
Mousse: EURODISCO!
Ape: POWER BALLADS!


If you want someone else's version of this last weekend, and perhaps watch some pictures, you go here, or here.

3 comments:

Ape said...

No mentioning of "I touch myself"?

Mousse said...

Like this blog isn't enough wannabe-homo-erotic.

No, you want to bring in masturbation at the dinner table.

And on.

And everywhere else.

New rules: She's not allowed to use her computer when I'm at work.

Youtube is Satan.

Ape said...

Yes, well, perhaps I didn't think that one through, huh?

And yes youtube is dangerous.