Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Tu m'as trahi ce soir!

Said my boss to me when I refused to work overtime tonight. But I had a concert to attend. The Whitest Boy Alive played at La Flèche D'Or.

"Did you see that? He was almost too weak to open the bottle of water. I love this band!" Marty, while they're playing...

And they were good. They gave the impression of super nerds haphazardly put together to form an unsynchronized pop band. The drummer looks like a blond Napoleon Dynamite and the organist produces corny tunes and no one seems to know what the other ones are up to. Then you realize that it's actually music they're creating, and that it's pretty good. Had Erlend Öye (the singer) not refused to sign my cd at the end, I would probably have liked them more. Rejection does not sell.

Or... I did buy their cd, after all.

Damn!


Anyway, why didn't anyone inform us about Anna Nicole Smith's death?

4 comments:

Ape said...

You're just figuring out she's dead? What's wrong with you people?

And me likey the music. I feel an urge to borrow that cd of yours once you get back.

Mousse said...

It came to our notion yesterday.

And yes, you may borrow it.

Anonymous said...

Jeez, your boss sounds like a scorned ex-boyfriend.

And Erlend Öye shoulda signed. When Mousse puts it out there, you always sign.

tiny said...

borderline.

but, yeah. rude wannabe-nerds have never lost so many points so quickly before.

i do believe the world is coming to an end.

and i forgot to bring my blanket.