Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Better be Wednesday May 16

Snapshot no. 456 (maybe I should've washed my hair)

This morning, after Marty's sister had left us to go back to mother Sweden, and we had finished an important rendez-vous at our beloved La Poste, we decided to go to the local Wednesday market and look for fruits and vegetables. We came home empty-handed...

Mousse (To Marty, in Swedish): Oh, apples! But they're not overly cheap.
Salesperson (pointing in another direction): There are the flowers!
Mousse (in Swedish): Why is this man showing me tacky plastic flowers?
Salesperson: There are the flowers!
Mousse (in French): I want fruit, not flowers.
Salesperson (still pointing): Flowers!
Mousse: Nevermind.


Snapshot no. 46 (it's official, my blond spray works)

Later today, having spent the day shopping cheap Belleville clothes, we went home for lunch...

Mousse: Gah! My soup is gone!
Marty: You can have some of mine.
Mousse: Your soup is contaminated. This water i contaminated. Tee-hee. What film?
Marty: What? I don't know.
Mousse: SIGNS!
Marty: Haven't seen that one.
Mousse: Oh. It's with that annoying little girl. You know... And her name is not Denzel Washington.
Marty: You mean Dakota Fanning?
Mousse: That's the one!
Marty: Well, you're excused. American states, both of them, who can keep track anyway.
Mousse: Denzel is a state?

Snapshot no. X (have we perchance been watching too much Family Guy?)

Dinnertime.

Marty: My sausages look like the Elephant man.
Mousse: ...
Marty: Too soon?


This has been a good day. And tonight, we have been promised to be on a certain guestlist at this nightclub. Apparently, a free Cosmopolitan is included.

Be gawd!

..........................
Sidenote: We later found out that Dakota Fanning was nowhere to be seen in M. Night Shyamalan's movie Signs, but starred in the somewhat better doomsday movie War of the Worlds directed by Spielberg. She will later this year appear in Winged Creatures together with Kate Beckinsale. Denzel Washington keeps away from the tedious topic of world crises, stays local, and works with Ridley Scott in American Gangster. Lastly, Tom Cruise. Enjoy!

8 comments:

fasteddie said...

Greetings and salutations to the terribly sophisticated Swedish girls in Paris. Is it still Gay Paree? I don't know I'm an ignorant American.
I see you seem to like techno and clubbing. Is X as popular in Paris as Seattle? (I don't know if it's popular here being a a conservative non drug user myself.)

Other questions since I'm like a good critic, don't blog, but comment on yours. Why not write this in French? All the pop culture references seems oh so American. (Funny how even myself who is a anti war Bush hater can post a comment on your blog and come off as an arrogant uninformed American. Curious, curious.)
Oh and dear sweet and witty Mousse, I may go live in Thailand later this year. Paris, and Tokyo are out being too expensive and Cape Town sounds interesting but the Far East beckons my like a siren call.

All my love to you dear Mousse. eddie.

fasteddie said...

oh and could you edit that "my" into a "me" please?

Mousse said...

Eddie! Sweetheart!

Yeah, the most strikingly American about you right now is that you're assuming too much. Sophistication, clubbing, drugs... Ideal of life isn't necessarily real life. *pause*

Anyway, to answer your questions, yes Paris is still pretty goddamn gay. Especially if you, like me, sell ice cream flowers for a living, in the heart of what is labeled the homosexual center of this city. In a beret. And yes, of course we could blog in French, although we would involuntarily deal exclusively with topics like favorite colors, favorite food, what our names are, what your name is and what the weather's like. Also, we would lose all of our already few readers. So instead, we go for, what you like to call, American pop culture. Call it unoriginal, but it's the only world we know. *sob*?

Finally: Do go to Thailand! They're ALL smiling over there. And take me with you, my plans for this year end already in August.

Ja?

Mousse said...

Jävlar! It just hit me, we only do have American popular culture references.

I feel empty. And fake.



Yeah, pretty much like yesterday. And the days before that...

Ape said...

Eddie!

That's another popculture reference, but I will have to say that that one is British, at least originally.

Oh and about the americaness, its all over, why fight it?!

And of course they cna't write in French if they did I wouldn't be able to read and that would be bad.

fasteddie said...

Oh my goodness, Mousse's twin, the masochistically charming and highly educated Ape post's here too! This is too good. Ape my darling my love. Are you in England? I heard you got married. That you joined the Foreign Legion. Please feel free to dispell these myths.
Oh and were you in Washington State U.S.A. last year and didn't come see me in the State pen?
anyway this is so much fun maybe I should blog so you can come and make fun of it. My life is basically like the show Oz. I really shouldn't have tried crack. I really shouldn't have robbed those three Washington Mutuals. hahaha.

okay I'm going to play Command and Conquer then read At Canaan's Edge.
fast eddie.

fasteddie said...

If I go to Thailand you can too. Or come visit if I have an extended stay in the Thai jails. (is there a theme here? I can assure you it's only ironic.)

Mousse said...

Oh, Eddie, you're so bad.