Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Je t'emmerde, Sarkozy!

As everyone knows, the French president was elected Sunday. Mousse and I were feeling the acute disappointment (well... we had been hoping for the lesser of two evils) when we heard a cheery "woho" outside our window. I got curious. Turned out it was a couple of guys from across the street, who were not cheerful at all, but also bitterly disappointed. They tried to communicate.

Marty: "Je suis pas Francaise."

I was immediately demoted to imbécile. I tried to engage Mousse in the conversation, but she shook her magnificent head, put on "Hungry Eyes" and started cooking dinner.

Guys: "Tout le monde pleure." (everybody's crying.)

We closed the window.

The point is: we have spoken to French people about the outcome of the election. We're involved.

Also, prompted by me, Mousse bought a very large jar of Nutella. Life is sweet.

3 comments:

Lolita said...

Hehe.

Jag gillar att skratta åt er.

Speciellt åt Marty.

tiny said...

why?

feeling very vulnerable right now.

where's my blanket?

Lolita said...

På något vis är ni väldigt hm... tacksamma att ja... skratta åt.